The Field

The Field

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Long Week

It's my last day off and I'm dreading work again.  It's going to be a long seven days before I get another day off.  My schedule is up and down too so I'll be working nights and days up until next Wednesday.  I always hate weeks like this but since they screwed my schedule up to  have me in the Deli for those two weeks, it messed everything up in my normal department.  It should hopefully be straightened out after this week though.

My book is literally on it's last sentence. I need to just finish the end scene and I can begin the editing process.  I feel like I'll be waiting on that now since I've got more character development to work on.  I've gotten so many great ideas for my characters since I've started writing this that I've got to rewrite their backgrounds a bit.  Not they will be more like actual people with emotions instead of just blank slates.  My main character still is an issue though.  I feel like she is not quite where I want her to be but I hope to fix that once I get the others figured out.  For now she is the glue that keeps the group together for the most part.  I feel she needs more though.

My time of has been pretty uneventful.  I didn't accomplish much with the time I had and just spent a lot of time being lazy and unproductive.  It kind of sucked actually.  When I'm at work I always have good intentions of getting motivated and wanting to come home and work on something but then I completely bomb out when I'm here.  I get distracted by to many other things that are going on.  How can I stop doing that?  I feel like I need to set some time out of my days to work on projects while I'm at home instead of doing nothing.  It's a matter of finding my discipline to actually force myself into working on something instead of doing nothing that keeps me from taking that next step.  I think the first step will be getting out of the rut I'm in.  Right now it's a pretty deep hole and I don't think it will get better until I make some quality of life improvements.  

Pretty short post for today as I didn't really have much to talk about besides my book and even that was pretty limited.  If anyone wants to hear more details on it, feel free to comment and I'll post some more info on characters and plot.

Thanks again for checking out my blog and I hope to see you in the future. 

No comments: